- Interventional Pulmonology
- The most advanced Interventional Pulmonology procedures carried out at the department include:
- Bronchoscopic Argon Plasma Coagulation
- 1.Bronchoscopic Electrocautery
- 2.Tracheo-bronchial stenting
- 3.Rigid Bronchoscopy
- 4.Bronchoscopic Laser Ablation
- 5.Cryotherapy & Cryo ablation with Cryobiopsy
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Pleural Aspiration
- Intercostal Drain
- Pleural Hypertension
- Non – Invasive Ventilation
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Routine Management Of Respiratory Disorders
- Treatment for Sleep Disorders
Both diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures including Trans-bronchial Needle Aspiration (TBNA), Trans-bronchial Lung Biopsy (TBLB) and Removal of foreign body are carried out at the department.
Endobronchial placement of mediastinal lymph nodes & peripheral lesion with radial & linear probe.
Involves examination of pleural space with the help of insertion of an endoscope like device called a thoracoscope through a little hole in the chest.
Done for the diagnosis of pleural diseases as well as for providing therapeutic benefit in cases of few of the respiratory conditions.
Some of the diseases of pleura involve accumulation of pus/air/fluid in the chest cavity and cause compression of the lungs and for this the pus needs to be drained out with the help of a pigtail or a thin tube.
Involves Diagnosis and Management of Right Heart Catheterization.
Ventilation is achieved non-invasively with positive pressure devices like BiPAP.
These are the tests done to assess the functional status of lungs with the help of Spirometers and detect the cause of breathlessness.
Comprehensive diagnosis and management of allergy including IgE therapy.
Respiratory disorders such as Tuberculosis, Pneumonia, COPD, Pleural Effusion, Sarcoidosis, Pulmonary Edema, Pneumothorax Pulmonary Embolism and sleep disorders such as Obstructive sleep apnea, central apnea are treated by our experts.
We provide comprehensive services including assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea, sleep disordered breathing, parasomnias, snoring, insomnia and REM disorders. The department is equipped with ALICE – 5 Sleep Lab with PDX and Ambulatory Somnography
- State of the art Video-Bronchoscope & Thoracoscope
- Air Pulmonary Function Testing
- Allergy testing kits
- CO monitoring for smoke deaddiction