Department of Liver & Gastro Sciences
Welcome To Gangasheel Hospital
What is ERCP?
Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography or ERCP, is a procedure used to diagnose and treat problems with the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas. It combines X-rays and the use of an endoscope, a long, flexible, lighted tube.
Need of an ERCP to find the cause of unexplained abdominal pain or yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice). It can be used to get more information in case of pancreatitis or cancer of the liver, pancreas, or bile ducts.
- Things that may be found with ERCP includes:
- Fluid leakage from the bile or pancreatic ducts
- Blockages or stones in the bile ducts
- Narrowing or blocked pancreatic ducts
- Infection in the bile ducts
- Benefits of ERCP are given below:-
- Clear view inside of the bile ducts
- Confirming disease
- PET imaging
- Provides a map for potential treatments
- Finding the area of where the blockage is
- Determining if a blockage is severe
- Helps in determining the severity of a suspected cancer
Yes, ERCP is available in Bareilly at Gangasheel Hospital by the team of expert Gastroenterologists in the city.