Department of Urology
Welcome To Gangasheel Hospital
What is Kidney Stone?
Kidney stones (also called kidney stones, nephrolithiasis or urolithiasis) are hard deposits of minerals and salts that form in the kidneys. Diet, obesity, some medical conditions, and certain dietary supplements and medications are among the many causes of kidney stones.
Kidney stone doesn't cause any symptoms until it moves around the kidney or moves into the ureters. Ureters are the tubes that connect the kidneys and bladder.
Symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Sharpening, intense pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain radiating to lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and varies in intensity
- Pain or burning with urination
- Pink, red, or brown urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Persistent urge to urinate, urinating more often than usual or in small amounts Nausea and vomiting
- Fever, and chills if infected
- Shock wave lithotripsy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy /nephrolithotripsy.
Yes, PCNL is available in Bareilly at Gangasheel Hospital by the team of expert Urologists in the city.